Tuesday, April 7, 2009

No motivation....




So, for now I think I'll turn this into my Quit Smoking blog. I really have no resolve or motivation to quit smoking, but I know its so bad for me and I don't need it. So better quit now! I've tried quitting before and been moderately successful....gone a couple days or a week, or cut back signifigantly, but never actually QUIT. Everything I looked up online about quitting said to first make a list of all the reasons you don't want to smoke anymore. Of course these reasons are obvious, but they don't seem to outweight the deisre to smoke (go figure!). So maybe if I actually make a list, the reasons will seem more real?......

It makes me stink

It gives you wrinkles! A LOT of wrinkles!

It dries out my skin

My teeth will get stained

Its super bad for my lungs

It increases the risks of cancer, especially for breast cancer when on birth control. Which I am. And both my grandmas have had breast cancer, so my risk is already high.

It messes with your blood pressure and circulation

It makes my heart pound so I can't sleep if I smoke before bed

Lately, it makes my stomach feel really uneasy (not sure if its connected or just in my head)

My family gets really upset about it

I can't walk up stairs without feeling winded

I have a constant little cough, no big deal, but unecessary

It messes with your fertility

Its stupid to freeze my butt off oiutside in the miserable winter just to smoke.

I already have a sensitve body and a not-so-awesome immune system.



The list could go on and on



I guess for now I'll take it one day at a time. I am not going to smoke today at work. Its a good starting point.

No comments:

Post a Comment