Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Power of the Mind......

It suprises me how much your state of mind can affect your body. On Sunday, I got really, really upset at a family event. I left feeling so angry, but there was nothing I could do about it! UGH! By the time I drove from Prescott to Flagstaff, I was already feeling sick. (Now maybe I was going to get sick anyway, but I believe my negative attitude opened the door for my immune system to shut down). Whenever I am feeling sick, I tend to get really negative. Nate always says I'll feel better if I have a better attitude. I never really believe him but this time, I saw a direct correllation between my body and my sate of mind. As soon as I let the family stuff go, I started to feel better! Its crazy how much everything is connected! So today, I am feeling much better :)

Things I am thankful for lately:

-My mom: we have been spending time together because of all the wedding stuff coming up and have ben going through some family stuff together. Our relationship is finally taking a turn in a good and healthy direction (Something I have been waiting for for 2 years)

-My husband: He has taught me so much since I was a little Riley girl living in Prescott Valley. Even though it is frustrating, I am so glad that I have the perspective I have when it comes to the way my family treats people. It is true, Ignorance was bliss. But I am better off knowing what I know, because now I am equipped to make sure I am not like them.

-My Dad: Never in my life did I know what a positive, life-afirming person my dad was. He has become an amazing support system for me and Nate. Him and Sherry are so uplifting and encouraging. I am always so grateful for the time we get to spend together.

-My friends who live in Alpine Ridge: Those three boys have stood by me and supported me (and Nate) more than I ever expected. They are like my family (only not as mean!). It is comforting to know that they are always there, and always will be. Thank God for good friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment